After much thought and careful consideration, the admissions committee has decided to place your name on the waiting list for admission to the Tuck Class of 2011. Since Tuck puts very few people on the waitlist, you should view this as a positive response to your application.

Well.. with no interview call, I was not expecting anything better. As they have mentioned above. I am seeing it as a positive response and assuming that if it were not for the crazy number of applications this year, I might have as well made it to Hanover.

Whatever may be the reason for not explicitly accepting or rejecting me, this result has given me some reason to be happy about. Good part is that with some recent changes happenning at my workplace, I may actually have something to tell them about my progress after the application period. πŸ™‚

So in terms of interview invites, it’s 1.5/2 so far.. Not bad, right?? Hope Darden n Emory give me a call soon. (Though i guess now it’ll happen after the CHristmas break only.) For ISB. i am expecting some action in late Dec or early Jan.

Tags: , ,

13 Responses to “A ray of hope: Waitlisted at Tuck”

1. Ashwanth says:

Congratulations!

Hope it converts into an admission call.

2. MBAlmighty says:

Hey thats positive indeed……. another step closer. All the best for the conversion!

3. akash says:

Congrats… don’t worry, U will convert it πŸ™‚

4. milestonemba says:

Hey Congratz! I somehow “feel” that you will be in. As they wrote, I think it really is rare for them to put people in wait list without interview.

Do make sure to write to them in some time about any changes in your profile. It helps.

All the best!

5. McCoy says:

Tuck will surely tuck you in πŸ™‚
    Congratulations, you deserve it..
    and ATB

6. Nitin says:

That surely is a positive sign. All the best.

I’ve heard that Tuck encourages follow up. so you can send in additional materials that will support your candidacy and notify them of changes/progress in your career.

all the best again.

7. Prashant says:

Hey Congrats!! Convert it dude..

8. HappyLibran says:

Congrats buddy! Wish you all the best!

9. Lokesh says:

Am in the same boat buddy!

In fact I am WL@johnson, duke and tuck!

10. I posted waitlist resources in today’s blog post at http://blog.accepted.com/accep.....isted.html .

Basically, you have the right idea. Hang in there.

Best,
    Linda

11. […] has had a very different experience. He was rejected at one school and waitlisted at Tuck. He appropriately takes Tuck’s waitlist decision as good news. Wisely, MBAMission realizes […]

12. Dagny says:

If Tuck allows its waitlisted candidates to keep a communication with them, don’t forget to get in touch with and keep them updated about any major changes that may help you in strengthening your candidature.

Congratulations and Good Luck! πŸ™‚

Thanks everybody!!!
    Tuck has indicated that they’ll like to conduct a telephonic towards January end.. Hope I can use that as an opportunity to get in.. πŸ™‚